17 November 2012

Review: Speechless by Hannah Harrington

Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Publisher:
Publication Date:
Number of Pages:
Book Format: 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Synopsis: Everyone knows that Chelsea Knot can't keep a secret

Until now. Because the last secret she shared turned her into a social outcast—and nearly got someone killed.

Now Chelsea has taken a vow of silence—to learn to keep her mouth shut, and to stop hurting anyone else. And if she thinks keeping secrets is hard, not speaking up when she's ignored, ridiculed and even attacked is worse.

But there's strength in silence, and in the new friends who are, shockingly, coming her way—people she never noticed before; a boy she might even fall for. If only her new friends can forgive what she's done. If only she can forgive herself.

My Review:

I won Speechless from a giveaway for my honest review.

This is not the first book I’ve read by Hannah Harrington and it certainly wont be the last. I’m pretty sure I’ve fallen in love with her work. Her first book Saving June? Loved it. Her second book Speechless? In love with it! Speechless is about a girl named Chelsea who is a sophomore in high school and she loves to leak secrets. One day though she leaks the wrong secret and one of her class mates almost dies. This changes Chelsea’s life forever.

I was a little afraid to pick this book up when I got it because I thought it might be a little depressing and I’m definitely not in the mood for something depressing, but it wasn’t at all which I was very relieved about. To start off I had a little bit of a hard time sympathizing for Chelsea when her life went down the drain because I know girls like her and I hate all of them. But there are some things that are different about her and what she did which made me like her in the end.

One of the reasons I really enjoyed this book was that it was so real. The reason I say that is because things like what happened in this book happen all over the world everyday and some people don’t even realize how horrible it is. People who read this book will be given a new light on the certain situation in the book and it will probably open their eyes to things around them. It definitely has for me.

The other thing I loved is how well Harrington integrates love and friendship with this problem in the book. It really is great that she can do that so well because without it the book would have been boring. With the love and the friendship there’s parts in the book when your laughing or your just thinking “awe” pretty great right?

Sam… can we just talk about Sam please? I can’t really tell you who he is because it will giveaway major spoilers but let me tell you he is the best book guy I’ve met so far and I so want a guy like Sam for myself! He has so many good qualities. Like he’s a nerd but a skater boy great mix. He can cook and he’s pretty sweet and caring too! Now don’t we all need someone like that in our life? I think so.

In the end I give this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars. I’ll totally being thinking about this for years to come especially every time I see a book by Hannah Harrington I’ll always pick her books up because they’ll bring me back to the days I was reading Speechless

View all my reviews




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great review sweetie :) Glad you loved this book. <3 I did too :) It was pretty awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read anything by this author and I'm thinking I need to change that! I like issue books but lately there have been a lot of these coming to the book market so I never know which one to read. Thanks for helping me make my decision on reading this book.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs