11 April 2015

Review: Ghost Hand by Ripley Patton

Ghost Hand by Ripley Patton
Publisher: Ripley Patton
Release Date: November 28, 2012
# of Pages: 384
Book Format: e-book
Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Olivia Black has a rare birth defect known as Psyche Sans Soma, or PSS. Instead of a right hand made of flesh and blood, she was born with a hand made of ethereal energy.

How does Olivia handle being the girl with the ghost hand? Well, she's a little bit morbid and a whole lot snarky.

Her mother thinks her obsession with death, black clothing, and the local cemetery is a bid for attention. But when Marcus, the new guy in Olivia's calculus class, stares at her like she's a freak, Olivia doesn't like it. And when her hand goes rogue, doing things she never imagined possible, Olivia finds herself running for her life with Marcus from a group of men bent on taking the power of her hand for their own nefarious purposes.

Meet The Author: (Taken From Goodreads)
Ripley Patton lives in Portland, Oregon with one cat, two teenagers, and a man who wants to live on a boat. She is an award-winning short story writer and author of The PSS Chronicles, a young adult paranormal thriller series.

Ripley doesn't smoke, or drink, or cuss as much as her characters. Her only real vices are writing, eating M&Ms, and watching reality television.










Review:
I was contacted by the author to read and review Ghost Hand. This is my honest review.

To start off, I must say that I am the biggest ghost fan ever. As far back as I can remember I have always loved horror movies, ghost shows, anything like that especially books. So when I was asked to review a book that sounded good, the fact that the title was Ghost Hand just put it over the top for me.

Ghost Hand is about a girl named Olivia who was born with PSS, which is a condition in which instead means she has one regular hand, and one ghost hand. Turns out that she is not the only one like this. Throughout the book she meets quite a few people with PSS. Do these people become like family to her? Or enemies? Find out by reading the book, you won’t regret it.

When Olivia is first introduced she is at school being introduced herself to the new guy, Marcus. She finds him staring at her hand and it angers her quite a bit. Next thing she knows her hand is slithering its way into the poor girl in front of her. Little does she know this is going to lead her on a crazy life threatening adventure, one that she will never forget.

Sometimes its hard to read books when they are all going along with one theme. For example, when Twilight came out, hundreds of vampire books were coming out every day it seemed like. The whole theme was just getting drowned in too many books that were similar. One of the great things about this book is that, as far as I know, nobody has written a book about people having ghostly body parts. Reading this was like a breathe of fresh air, because I had never read anything quite like it.

Patton definitely did amazing things with this story. I found myself laughing out loud multiple times; to where I did get odd looks from people around me, swooning at the same times Olivia did when Marcus was a complete sweetheart, getting angry also when the boys were absolute idiots. Its hard to pick my favorite part of this book, because there were several. The many intimate moments between Olivia and Marcus. The snide remarks from Jason, to Olivia even though they were mean some of them were entertaining.

Overall the book was amazing, I wish I could go into complete detail with you without giving away spoilers. But please read this book, you will love it I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs