22 May 2015

Early Review: srsly Hamlet by William Shakespeare + Courtney Carbone

srsly Hamlet by William Shakespeare + Courtney Carbone
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Release Date: May 26, 2015
Book Format: Hardcover

# of Pages: 128
Synopsis: Hamlet, one of the greatest stories ever told . . . in texts?!
 
Imagine: What if Hamlet, the Prince of Denmark, and the tragic Ophelia had smartphones? A classic is reborn in this fun and funny adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s most famous plays!
 
A kingdom on the brink of war.
A stolen throne.
A boy seeking revenge.

and h8. The classics just got a whole lot more interesting. ;)
 
 
tl;dr A Shakespeare play told through its characters texting with emojis, checking in at certain locations, and updating their relationship statuses. The perfect gift for hip theater lovers and teens.

A glossary and cast of characters are included for those who need it. For example: tl;dr means too long; didn’t read.


My Review:
I received SRSLY Hamlet by William Shakespeare + Courtney Carbone from the publisher and this is my honest review.

I recently reviewed another book in this series called, YOLO Juliet and I loved it. It was fun and easy to read. SRSLY Hamlet was much of the same thing. One of my favorite parts of this book was in the beginning where the book shows us the Emoji’s as those who are in the book, and then on the next page it shows us people with no pictures because they do not have smart phones. I thought that was extremely cute.

I had never read Hamlet before this, but I knew what the jist of it was. Any teacher would probably have a heart attack if they knew this was the version I chose to read. But I think it was a cute version to read, I got what the story was about, it made me laugh, and smile quite a bit which I was not expecting. When I said yes I was a little skeptical because Shakespeare is usually required for school I never felt the need to read it outside of school. But this version was entertaining and I am glad I got the chance to read it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs