07 June 2012

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 6, 2009
Number of Pages: 374
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I just finished The Maze Runner and I’m a little bit skeptical. I’m really glad I didn’t have any huge expectations, because although it was a good story it wasn’t as great as I thought it was going to be.

James Dashner shared with us a story about a teenage boy named Thomas who enters the Glade. When Thomas shows up he doesn’t remember anything about himself and he doesn’t know where of why he is in the Glade. The only thing he remembers is his name and that’s how we start off the story.

I think what made the book so slow for me was that Dashner took forever to tell us the background information and finally get into the story. The first few chapters of the book are just Thomas going around trying to find out where he is and why. like the books that tell us the background quickly in the prologue so we can get right into the story and I think if Dashner was to take a little time to write a prologue that told us what the Glade was and things like that it would have been a lot better, For me anyways.

I liked the few friendships Thomas had while he was in the Maze. Truthfully he really made about three friends including Chuck, Newt, and Minho. Out of those three Chuck was my favorite because he was with Thomas from the beginning and he was just plain old goofy I loved him! My next favorite was Newt because he was just an all around good guy. He hated the bad guys and he was a great leader! Lastly there was Minho who I liked because he basically took Thomas under is wing.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars because of points I talked about in the beginning, but I’m going to give this trilogy another chance and go ahead and read the second book. Not right away but I’m going to give it a try!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I had a little trouble with this book too. I actually had high expectations. I liked the Maze but I had questions. I will give the rest of the series a read as it does sell well:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs