13 April 2013

Review: Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Publisher:
Publication Date:
Book Format:
Number of Pages: 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Synopsis: They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
My Review: I Bought Requiem by Lauren Oliver off of Amazon to read and share my honest review. Requiem is the continuation of the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver, it is the third and final book in the trilogy. Taking that into consideration I obviously cannot share every detail because it is the last book but I will share what I can.

I enjoyed the plot in this story because there is not just one place. Since there are two point of view’s in the book, the plot bounces back and forth between Lena’s hometown of Portland, and then the wilds. The more interesting chapters in my opinion were the ones in the wilds, and the reason I say this is because whenever you were with the invalids there was never a dull moment something was always happening. The chapters in Portland kind of annoyed me because I got bored with them so quickly but some of them did make the story.

I did not enjoy Lena’s character in the first book Delirium but since then in the second book Pandemonium and now in the last book Requiem her character has really developed into someone that I enjoyed reading about. She no longer seems weak and unable to speak her mind, which is good because watching her sit there and take orders and mope around in the first book got old quickly. We saw more of Hana (Lena’s best friend from Delirium) in this book as well, now I cannot really tell you much about her because it will ruin what you find out about her but lets just say she has changed as well since the first book, but right now I am not quite sure if she changed for the better or for the worst.

A character that we met in Pandemonium also showed up as well as we all knew he would and that is Julian whom you will know if you read the second book. I enjoyed his character very much he starts to branch out and be adventurous which I think surprised Lena as much as it did me. Lets talk about Alex for just a second (this is not a spoiler if you read Pandemonium so do not worry!) I have to say that even though I fell in love with Alex in the first book I absolutely hated his character throughout this whole book. Everybody has definitely changed in their own ways but Alex changed in awful ways!

Overall the story was great seeing people fight for what they believed in throughout this whole trilogy is very inspiring. It shows that no matter what people know the difference between right and wrong and they knew that what the society was doing to these people was very wrong. The book gets a 4 out of 5 stars and I cannot wait to pick up more of Lauren Oliver’s books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs