18 May 2013

Review: The Pack: Retribution by L.M. Preston

The Pack: Retribution by L.M. Preston
Publisher: Phenomenal One Press
Release Date: September 28, 2012
Book Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 250
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Synopsis: Revenge doesn't have a name, but has chosen a victim—Shamira. But she's never been the type to lie down and let someone hurt her family or her friends. In order to find the mastermind behind the threat to all she cares about, she must give up the one person who's found his way into her guarded heart, Valens. Valens refuses to back off easily, and neither will Shamira's friends. They join forces with her in order to deal with a new enemy who seeks to kill everyone in Shamira's life that dared save the missing kids on Mars.






My Review: 
I received The Pack: Retribution by LM Preston for review a few months back and this is my honest review.

The Pack: Retribution is the sequel to Preston’s first book The Pack. In the first book Shamira and her group of friends are forced to save all the children on mars from the bad guys, I won’t tell you if they succeed or not but the second book picks up with Shamira and her clan going on another mission.

I loved Shamira’s character in the first book, and I still love her character now! She’s so strong but we get to see her change and grow from the first book too the second. She has trust issues because she’s always been alone but in the second book its a little bit easier for her to change and let people in which I like. Preston did a great job making her characters dynamic.

The action in this book was phenomenal! There was never a dull moment. Shamira and the group were always fighting off the bad guys and with style too. It’s always refreshing to have all kinds of action in a book. Especially when the action is coming from a group of teenagers thats the best.

The setting of this book is on Mars. How cool is that? I liked reading how Preston described Mars I thought it was pretty interesting, and if I was to think of Mars her description of it was pretty darn close. Overall the book gets a 4 out of 5 stars. In places it was a little slow but I enjoyed the characters and the action a lot!

View all my reviews


1 comment:

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs