02 June 2013

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen Publishing
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Book Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 335
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Synopsis: Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


My Review:

I bought Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout on my own, and this is my honest review. 

Lets start with the reason why I decided to pick this book up. So many people in the blog world have read and reviewed Armentrout’s books and I literarily have not heard one ill word towards her work. So with that I grabbed Obsidian off ofAmazon the second I had the chance, and it may or may not have sat on my shelf for awhile but the point is I read it and I have to say the hype about this is very accurate. 

I love to read but something I love more, is finding new things while reading. Like Aliens! This is the first book I have ever read that had to do with Aliens, which is pretty cool. High school student Katy moves to West Virginia with her mother after her dad dies, and is forced to make friends she never thought though that these friends were not human. Makes you want to go grab the book right now doesn’t it? I encourage you to go do it!

The first thing I noticed about this book that I loved was that the main character Kat, is a book blogger just like me! I can’t even begin to explain how excited that made me, and then seeing posts that I do every week as a book blogger mentioned in this book, I couldn’t get enough of it! I thought it was a great tie into the book world, and I’m sure it gives other book bloggers/reviewers a thrill too. 

I honestly never thought that I would ever even attempt to read a book about aliens, but you know when those aliens are as hot as Daemon Black you just have to give them a chance. Granted Daemon is a major ass for a majority of the book, when I read the back of the book and it said how much of a jerk he was I figured okay he is a bad boy which I like. But no he isn’t even a dark bad boy he’s just plain old mean! But very attractive.

Back to the whole alien thing, when I picked it up I was trying to think about what they would look like outside of their human forms, and I honestly could not figure out what they would look like. But I really liked their alien form just pretty shimmering light its almost relaxing! 

Can I just say how much I loved Dee! She was so bubbly and bright you just could not be in a bad mood while her character was in the pages, even when Daemon was being rude if she was in the scene you could not help but smile. She was most definitely my favorite character. I can strongly say this book gets a full 5 out of 5 stars!



1 comment:

  1. I really like Armentrout's books but I really had trouble with this one because the book was so much like Twilight. I felt like I was in Twilight other than the characters were aliens instead of vampires. The ending portion of this book was a complete retelling of what happens at the end of Twilight. I have the second book on my shelf because I'm hoping this series gets better with time.

    I would suggest reading the Covenant series as I really liked that series.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs