10 November 2013

Review: The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray

The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: October 22, 2013

My Review: I received The Dollhouse Asylum from Spencer Hill Press Publishing for review, and this is my honest review.

In this story we meet a girl named Cheyenne, who wakes up in a place she doesn’t, not to worry though because she quickly recognizes the man she loves who sets her off on her first task, to find a home to live in. As time go on she starts to see that the man she fell in love with is not the man she thought he was. Now she must try and find a way out for her and a group of her new friends.

It took me awhile ago to get through this book because the plot was really strange, so that made it harder to get into. There were parts I thought were good like the soiree’s but other then that the book was just kind of meh for me. 

The characters, they had their own personalities of course but they were killed off so quickly that I never really got to get to know them or connect with them. For example when you finish a book you should be able to recall a good portion of the characters from that book but after finishing this one it was hard to remember a lot of them. The few characters I did remember though I enjoyed. I liked Cheyenne aka Persephone, and the reason why I liked her is because I connected with her quite well. She was in love with a man and after she realized he was a monster she of course lost her love for him but she couldn’t help still having weird feelings once in awhile. I liked this about her character also because it made her come to life on the page. 

Lets talk about the plot, I think one of the reasons it annoyed me so much was because I didn’t entirely understand it. While reading people would ask me what the book I was reading was about and I could barley understand it because I didn’t quite understand it myself. I liked the whole each couple was a literary couple thing but I feel like I would have understood the reasoning behind that a lot better if we had some more background on Teo. The only things we knew about Teo was the little things that Cheyenne mentioned throughout the book and I just don’t think that was enough. 

When it comes to books I’ll read just about anything so I would probably try more books by Mary Gray in the future. Maybe this one was a little weird because it was her first book but I’m hoping that I’ll understand anything she writes in the future more then I did this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs