27 December 2013

Review: Where Beauty Lies by Elle & Blair Fowler

Where Beauty Lies by Elle & Blair Fowler
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin
Release Date: August 13, 2013
Book Format: Hardcover
#  of Pages: 256
Synopsis: The London sisters return in this charming new novel about love, friendship, and the perils of fame. Despite their very public arrest, Ava and Sophia London are about to discover that in L.A. there's no such thing as bad press. Suddenly, they are the hottest "It" girls in town and are one step closer to making their brand, London Calling, a household name. Their newfound celebrity status takes them jet setting to New York City to expand their brand into fashion and home goods. Their first stop is fashion week, where they're about to put on their inaugural fashion show...but not if their rivals have anything to say about it. The same unseen enemies responsible for framing them in L.A. are back - and determined to ruin the sisters for good this time. Can Ava and Sophia find out who's trying to destroy them before it's too late?

My Review: 

I borrowed Where Beauty Lies by Elle & Blair Fowler from my job, and this is my honest review.

This novel is the sequel to the first book Beneath The Glitter which I LOVED so you can imagine my excitement when I saw it at work and was able to borrow it. The sequel was a continuation from book one so I cannot really go into detail without spoiling the first book. But I will say that it involves a lot of crazy but entertaining drama! Now do not be put down when I say there is drama, because its the interesting kind of drama not the annoying high school kind. To go along with the drama there was a fair share of boy problems/love triangles as well, which just makes the story complete.

Something I have to say is that I am so impressed how well the Fowler sisters write. When you watch people on YouTube you do not really think “hey they would probably write a nice book” so yeah I am sure many people were a little skeptical, but I was intrigued from the start, and they have not let me down. I am really hoping there will be more books in the series, I would love to go on another London sisters adventure.

Lets start with the negative so I can end with the positive. Do not get me wrong I loved this book, but there were a few things that were a bit annoying. The first thing was that there was like not one chapter with the exception of one or two maybe that were calm and non drama related. I loved the drama that went with the book but it would have been nice to have a break now and then too. My only other problem was the guys. I know what you’re thinking how could the guys have been a problem. But the thing was that throughout the whole book, neither of them were really content with their love lives and so that going along with the crazy drama was a bit much at times but in the end everything worked out okay.

Something I love about the Fowlers’ writing is that when there are low key sweet moments they totally make me swoon! For example there are some books when the “romantic” moments are completely dull. But in the first book and this book the romantic moments are amazing and I love it! Another great thing about the book is that there was the main group of friends which included Ava, Sophia, MM, Sven, and Lily and no matter what happened they all stuck close to each other and kept each other on their feet. I loved the friendship circle and how tight it was.

Overall the series so far is fabulous and I do not regret reading them. I am not the type of person to re-read books, but I would so read these books over and over. Again I am hoping that there are more books in the series but if not, I hope the Fowler sisters write more books in general.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs