17 March 2012

ARC Review One For The Murphys By: Lynda Mullaly Hunt

One for the MurphysOne for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One For The Murphy’s was such a amazing story. I haven’t read many books about Foster Care but I hope to read some more very soon because I loved reading Carley’s story it was so inspirational! This book is about a 12 year old girl who finds herself in foster care after an incident with her mother and step father. At first she doesn’t want to let herself like the family because she’s scared but throughout the story she learns to love the caring family that took her in.

Carley the main character is very strong and courageous. She can’t really remember everything that happened to her for her to end up with a whole new family but she does know that she has her mother and step father to blame for it. Carley has a tough time getting used to having someone to take care of her and having people be nice to her. Which is horrible for a little girl to not know what if feels like to have people care for her.

The Murphys are a great family and I wish every foster care family was like that. Most of the time when books or movies about foster care came out I never wanted to pick them up because usually when you see or hear things about foster care the parents are always crappy and I just don’t understand how some people can qualify to be a foster parent when they’re so horrible. The kids that are in foster care have already had a tough life that’s why they’re there they don’t need crappy parents to make it worse. (Sorry about that I go off easily)

I have to say that my favorite characters had to be the three boys. We didn’t get much of Adam but I really liked Daniel & Michael Eric. Now some might think why Daniel he was such a jerk! But I understood why Daniel was they way he was towards Carley. She was this strange girl who was coming into his home taking his brothers room and some of his moms attention away. Yes that sounds selfish but I didn’t hold anything against him because I would’ve felt the same way.

Little Michael Eric was my absolute favorite! He was such a sweet little boy and so innocent. He didn’t really understand why this girl was coming into his home but he didn’t care because it gave him someone to play with. It broke my heart when he had a seizure because I didn’t know what was going to happen to him.

In the end I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because it was incredible it was able to make me laugh and cry at the same times. I recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of a sad story to make them feel better and cute little boys to make you laugh!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've never read a book involving foster care, but am definitely interested in reading one.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs