13 July 2012

Early Review: Ask The Passengers by A.S. King

Ask The Passengers by A.S. King
Publisher: Little Brown (BFYR)
Publication Date: October 23, 2012
Number of Pages: 296
Book Format: ARC (Around The World ARC Tours)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book! I’m so glad I signed up for this ARC Tour. Have you guys ever read a book based on basically lesbians and gays? Well I haven’t until now and I’m so freaking glad that I did. A.S. King did an awesome job telling us Astrid Jones’ story. If you read the back of the book it says nothing about being gay but that is the whole plot of the book so you think it would. In Ask The Passengers we follow our main character Astrid on her journey to find out if she is in fact gay.

I haven’t really talked about this issue before because well this is a book blog and I wouldn’t normally talk about it unless I read a book about it, and now I’ve read a book about it so I’m going to say a few things. I am totally pro gay marriage I’m not saying that I’ll hate you if I you disagree or that I’m gay but I’m just saying. I loved this book for those reasons

Astrid has a weird life. She lives at home with her stoner dad her bitch of a mom and her suck up little sister. Before I go any further just let me say that I hated her mom and sister through out the whole book they were so mean to her and I just didn’t understand why! Her dad on the other hand is completely different he is the only one in the house that talks to her the only one that likes her basically and that makes me feel so bad. I mean her mom and her sister go on these “Mommy and Me” nights all the time and Astrid Is never invited nor does she ever get to spend alone time with her mom alone. I mean really? She seemed like a sweet quiet girl why did she deserve that treatment from her own family?

Other then the family issues I loved a bunch of things about this book. This is a kind of book that hits home with the gay issue. Nobody should feel like they can’t be themselves, like they can’t love someone that they love, and that is what this book is all about. Astrid falls in love with a girl named Dee and from then on she’s scared and confused and she doesn’t know what she’s going to do. She did have some support because her two friends Kristina & Justin were actually gay themselves but they were keeping it a secret for reputation. Astrid kept it a secret because she didn’t want to deal with how her family would react.

Overall I give this book a 10 out of 5 stars because like I said it really hit home. Anybody that is against gay people or just gay marriage should read it because it might change their thinking. Even people who aren’t against it should read this because they’ll feel like they want to fight for these rights even more then before if you know what I mean.

View all my reviews




1 comment:

  1. WOw!!! Amazing review Paige! I need to pull out my copy and read it soon. You make me totally want to drop everything and read it now! hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs