11 April 2013

Early Review: What Color Is Monday by Carrie Cariello

What Color Is Monday? by Carrie Cariello
Publisher: Riddle Brook Publishing
Publication Date: April 22, 2013
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 219
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Synopsis: One day last fall Jack asked me, “What color do you see for Monday?” as I heaved a chicken into the oven. “What?” I said distractedly, turning from the oven to slice some potatoes at the counter. It was late afternoon, and I was preparing dinner while also managing the demands of homework and tired toddlers. “Do you see days as colors?”


Raising five children would be challenge enough for most parents, but when one of them has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, the adventures become even more fascinating. In this moving--and often funny--memoir, author Carrie Cariello invites us to take a peek into exactly what it takes to get through each day with four boys and one girl, and shows us the beauty and wonder of a child who views the world through a different lens.

My Review: I received What Color Is Monday? by Carrie Cariello from the publisher for my honest opinion.

Lately I have been reading many different kinds of books with autism in the story line, and I have to say its caught my interest quite a bit. I am not sure why but reading about kids or teens with Autism intrigues me I love to read about there challenges and how they overcome them. Which is What Color Is Monday? is all about we learn about the Cariello family and their struggle to deal with their young sound Jack’s autism.

Something that really inspires me is that the author Carrie Cariello, who is also a mother of 5 and a wife is able to share her families story with us. During the book while reading about all the struggles they have been through and how much time taking care of 5 kids takes up especially when one is autistic I was very surprised that she was able to put together a book. But I have to say I am glad she did because I loved reading about this families story.

I can’t imagine going through what this family did and still being able to like go on a cruise or go out to dinner with the whole family as much as they did. My family which consists of my parents me, and my younger brother rarely go out to dinner but I wish we did because it seems to bring the Cariello family together quite a bit.

As I am writing this review, I am sitting here picking my brain trying to think of something that I did not like about the book. I can honestly say that there was not one thing that I did not like. I loved it from the first page to the last. Seeing everyone in the family grow from what they were before, seeing different but loving personalities and seeing one family stick together no matter what was all so inspiring.

Overall the book definitely gets a 5 out of 5 stars. There were times when I giggled at things little Henry said and there were times when I was sad because of the things Jack was going through. I hope everyone gets a chance to read this families story and just feel inspired by it, and love it as much as I did.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs