09 September 2013

Review: A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris

A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 6, 2013
Book Format: e-ARC
Number of Pages: 320
Synopsis: Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?

My Review: 
I received an e-ARC of A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris from the publisher, and this is my honest review.

I can’t even begin to tell you how anticipated this sequel was for me. I read the first book My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century and adored it until the end. So you can imagine how excited I was to get this book and start reading! In book two we have the privilege of following Alessandra on her journey to the future (for her) America

What can I say about this book other that it was pure amazing! I was a little skeptical about having a book all about Alessandra but I’m glad I read it because Alessandra grew so much from book one to book two and I loved it. Imagine going from 16th century Italy to current time Hollywood I think it was. That’s definitely a huge change but Less managed to keep it together and I really admired her for that. 

I also loved being able to see a little bit of Lorenzo, and a lot of Cat in book two as well. I miss the relationship between the two of them from the first book but I find myself secretly enjoying Lucas and his role in A Tale of Two Centuries! Cat was more inspiring in book two than she was in book one and I say this because I saw her open up a lot and I enjoyed it. 

Austin Austin AUSTIN some people might have been like wow he’s a jerk in the beginning but nope I loved him from the page he was introduced right up until the end because yes I do chase the bad boys. I loved his role in the book so much he did so much for Alessandra from boiling her blood to making her open her eyes and enjoy life. 

I looked on Goodreads yesterday and found that there is going to be a book 3 which just makes me soooooo happy because I loved this book, dare I say I loved it more then book 1? Yes I did but only because of the ending. You’ll understand once you read the books trust me. A Tale of Two Centuries is a rock solid 5 out of 5 stars!


1 comment:

  1. *dances* Yay! So glad you liked it!!

    Thanks for reading, and just you wait. I'll make you Team Lucas with book 3 ;)

    xoxoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs