19 May 2012

One Moment by Kristina McBride Review



One Moment by Kristina McBride
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: June 2012
Number of Pages: 272 
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars 


One Moment was definitely a devastatingly heart breaking book. I loved it though! Some of my friends will probably tell you that I didn’t like it because I was always complaining that I was depressed because of it but I really did love it in the end! This book was about a teenage girl named Maggie, who loses her boyfriend after he accidentally falls off of a cliff that there group of friends have been jumping off for years. Maggie goes into shock basically right after it happens and she can’t remember anything except for right before the accident. Throughout the book she’s struggling with trying to remember everything that she’s forgotten and with this she starts uncovering horrible secrets that her best friends and boyfriend have been keeping from her..

I asked to receive this book because It sounded like it had a lot of suspense In it, which It did. I mean it’s not everyday you read a book about a girls boyfriend falling off a cliff and then finding out some of the things he’s been keeping from her. Maggie is a very sweet girl which was one of my favorite things about her. From the very first page I was attached to her so you can imagine when all of the bad things happened to her I was crying right along with her.

In the story she had a tight group of friends and they were Adam, Pete, Tanna, her late boyfriend Joey, and Shannon. My favorite out of the group was Adam because he was always there for her no matter what, even if it meant going against one of his best friends he was always there. Which is why I was very happy with the ending =) Next is Tanna out of the two girls in the group she is Maggie’s best friend and she’s always there but also always trying to put they’re group back together too.

The next three are Pete and Shannon. Now Pete we didn’t go into depth with he was kind of the side character that put everything together but I liked him because he was on Maggie’s side when everything went down. Now we get to the two characters that I wasn’t to fond of at all. Joey who was Maggie’s boyfriend now I can’t tell you why I didn’t like him or Shannon for that matter because I’d ruin the book for you but when you read it come talk to me and we can talk about it =) Shannon I didn’t like for the reason I told you and because she was just a flat out snot throughout the whole book.

In the end I loved the plot like I said very suspenseful because you didn’t know when or if she was going to remember things and when she did it was always so spontaneous! I’m giving this book 4 out of 5 stars the reason being because I think the author could of put like more space between the depressing parts. It would have been easier to deal with and I think you’d agree if there were happy parts in-between the depressing ones the book would have been much easier to read!



***New Add on*** Pictures below are the challenges this book goes towards =)



1 comment:

  1. Nice review. this sounds pretty interesting. I'm curious to see what the boyfriend and friends were hiding from her. glad you enjoyed it too, even if it was a bit depressing. I like books like that though. :)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs