19 February 2012

Review City of Ashes By: Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


***Spoiler Alert*** Wow what can i say? I love this series so far and i love Cassandra Clare's writing but this just wasn't one of my favorites at all. Just because the book frustrated me so so much. I really hope it gets better in the next book.

Clary is a great character the only thing is she really needs to get her emotions straight! because in the beginning she's totally into Jace but then she wants to be with Simon and then at the end she's totally into Jace again even though she gets shot down? and for me as a reader its extremely annoying because i get so into the characters that every time Clary gets hurt by these guys it tears me apart to so you can imagine why it took me so long to read this book because of so much heartache!

I know it's kind of weird to want Jace and Clary to be together because their brother and sister but its a fairytale world so anythings okay right? In the City of Bones i was so for her and Jace being together but in City of Ashes i was really rooting for Simon which is why when he died a bunch of times i was very sad.

One thing i totally forgot about was that Alec was gay! When the stuff happened with him and the Mangus Bane i was totally caught of guard but then i remembered that in the first book he had a little crush on Jace!

I felt so bad for Jace though because his parents basically gave up on him and even though he has this tough guy no one can hurt me attitude he had to of been a little crushed. I mean Maryse didn't believe him when he said things she didn't trust him and then she kicked him out and had him taken away and put in like a cage i mean who does that? I'm glad that everything worked out okay for him in the end though.

Well usually my reviews are a bit longer but since this book frustrated me i don't have much else to say. Other then i hope the third book is a lot better!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs