17 February 2012

Review Saving June By: Hannah Harrington

Saving JuneSaving June by Hannah Harrington

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Saving June was not at all what I thought it would be. At first I thought this would be some sappy romance book and it wasn’t at all which I’m extremely happy about. Saving June is about a girl named Harper who looses her sister to suicide. Her parent’s who are split up decided to cremate her and split the ashes, but Harper doesn’t want them to do that she want’s June to be whole and happy. So she takes the ashes and goes on a road trip with her best friend Laney and Jake a guy who happens to know June. Together their goal is to make it to California and spread June’s ashes in the ocean. What an awesome goal huh? I’m so excited that I read their story because it was really inspiring.



Harper who is June’s sister isn’t like a typical teenage girl she’s sort of like the rebel daughter. She’s always being categorized as June and she doesn’t like that she can never be like June and even though she loves her sister she doesn’t want to. Harper was by far my favorite character even though she seemed like a Goth sort of girl she still had feelings and a spark sort of. My favorite thing about her is that even though she and her sister didn’t always get along she still risks everything to give June her dream of going to California.



Laney who is Harpers best friend is the type of best friend that is in every book basically which doesn’t bother me at all because she’s my favorite type of best friend. She’s the sweet always there type but also she has her own life and parties and does all the things a normal teen would do. She’s always there for Harper in every way and if I had to vote on favorite book best friend it would be Laney because out of all my friends I probably couldn’t get them to go to California with me if I needed to.



On to Jake now he was pretty mysterious throughout the whole book and I really enjoyed that. I pictured him as this hot guy whose into all kinds of music which is cool. I’m not sure about you guys but personally I wanted to see him and Harper together the whole time which is why when it finally happened I had to fight the urge to jump up and down. They’re such a cute couple they fit together. I wish I could say more but I’m really trying to cut back on spoilers!



Overall I give the book 5 out of 5 stars because It was fantastic. This was the first road trip book I’ve ever read before and I really enjoyed it. I recommend this novel to anyone who needs an to cry a little who needs a tad of steamy romance and an awesome best friend! I can say I’ll be picking up more road trip books and Hannah Harrington books in the future.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. Paige, I felt the same way about this book as well when I had first read it. It is AMAZING! Not at all what you'd expect and after I'd finished it, I seriously had a smile on face for days just thinking about it!

    ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also really surprised by this book! It as so deep and emotional and realistic and amazing! I cried, I laughed, I felt everything Harper was feeling. It was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I didn't know it was a roadtrip book. I'm definitely going to have to read it soon!!

    Krista - Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs