03 June 2012

Early Review: Through To You by Emily Hainsworth

Through To You by Emily Hainsworth
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Number of Pages: 264
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, I agree with the back on the book this book defiantly is full of unexpected twists! In the beginning of the story we meet our main character Cam. As we know from the synopsis he has just lost his girlfriend Viv in a terrible car accident, and he's trying really hard to move on but he's having a really hard time. All of her friends set up a shrine for Viv right outside of school and Cam walks past it everyday. He's hoping that at one point it will get easier, but it doesn't seem like it's going to get easier anytime soon. While lingering around the shrine late one friday night, Cam see's this green glow. He walks over and see's this transparent girl who he believes is a ghost until one day she shows up on his door step. She frantically tells him she needs to get home but needs his help. After Cam helps her climb back into the green mist i guess you would call it he grows curious and one day he decides to check out what this other place is all about. I can't tell you anymore because that would lead to spoilers but I promise you the book was really great!

I felt for Cam ever since meeting him. I don't have a boyfriend now but I've had a couple in the past and I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose on of them like that. Cam deals with it better then most people would though. According to his family and friends he needs "help" but the only reason why they think this is because he's just not acting like the same Cam he used to be.

Now in the story we have two main girls, and it's a little hard to choose which girl your rooting for. Throughout the whole book I was going back and forth between Viv and Nina and it was so hard! But now that the book has ended I know who's side i'm on. I'm a little hurt about the reason why i'm on her side but at least I know for sure. As you already know Viv is Cam's girlfriend who dies in the car accident but (this isn't a spoiler you read this on the back of the book) This new world that Cam goes and investigates is a tad bit different from the world he lives in now and he finds out that in this world Viv is still alive but she's not quite the same girl that Cam fell for in his world... Who is Nina you ask? Well she is Cam's best friend in the other world, but in Cam's world he doesn't even know who she is.

I definitely give this book a 5 out of 5 stars because it was totally unique! I've never read anything like it before. Sure I've read books about people losing there other half but never have I once read a book about finding your other half again in a different world. It's crazy right?! I would totally read another book like this in a heartbeat!

View all my reviews

***Challenges this review goes too***

2 comments:

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs