27 May 2013

ARC Review: This Strange and Familiar Place by Rachel Carter

This Strange and Familiar Place by Rachel Carter
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: July 2, 2013
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 272
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My Review:
I received This Strange and Familiar Place by Rachel Carter from Around the World ARC Tours and this is my honest review.

This Strange and Familiar Place is the sequel to Rachel’s first book So Close To You, about a girl named Lydia who is trying to figure out why certain family members keep disappearing and from there she discovers the crazy government under ground that time travels. So in the sequel it basically picks up where book one left off. Lydia is living at home but things are very different because when she went back in time she accidently changed the timeline of her life.

As you all know I love the whole time travel thing it totally fascinates me so I was so excited to get my hands on this ARC! I really like where this book goes, it is not slow in any parts it is full of I guess you would call it action. Lydia and Wes are always on the move from the beginning trying to solve the problem which is why did Lydia’s great grandfather disappear back in 1944. In the first book we get little glimpses of Wes and Lydia together but their relationship goes farther in this book which I love because I really like the two of them as whole because Wes is so like dark and hard and Lydia is so light and soft!

Lets talk about Wes’ character for a few minutes shall we? In this sequel we got to see a lot more of him which was great! But throughout the whole book he was very different. He was still dark and mysterious but he almost seemed to be like falling apart in the book. But I thought that was good almost because it gave Lydia the chance to jump up and be his rock. I think one of the reasons why I enjoyed this book so much was because we get to go back and see Wes’ past we get to see where he comes from which was great.

Carter’s writing is to die for! There were so many great descriptions in the book, I’m not going to quote anything because it is an ARC but there was this one part where she was describing the children that the project has kidnapped, and that paragraph was freaking awesome, I even read it aloud a few times when I saw it because I liked it so much. This book gets a 4 out of 5 stars, because it was great in so many ways!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs