11 May 2013

Review: Better Nate Than Ever by Tim Federle

Better Nate Than Ever by Tim Federle
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Release Date: February 5, 2013 
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 288
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Synopsis: Nate Foster has big dreams. His whole life, he’s wanted to star in a Broadway show. (Heck, he'd settle for *seeing* a Broadway show.) But how is Nate supposed to make his dreams come true when he’s stuck in Jankburg, Pennsylvania, where no one (except his best pal Libby) appreciates a good show tune? With Libby’s help, Nate plans a daring overnight escape to New York. There's an open casting call for E.T.: The Musical, and Nate knows this could be the difference between small-town blues and big-time stardom.





My Review: I won Better Nate Than Ever by Tim Federle from World Spelunking, and this is my honest review.

To start off I’d like to say that this book is a middle grade book. Now I haven’t read that many middle grade books so I was a little skeptical as to if I would like middle grade novels. But I’m glad I gave it a shot because these kind of books give you a break from the crazy drama of YA. Better Nate Than Ever is about a boy named Nate of course who has dreams of being on broadway. So with the help of his best friend Libby he sneaks off to New York to audition for the part of Elliott in E.T. the musical.

I have to say I loved this book for so many reasons! Young kids like Nate himself don’t have many chances at something big like that because either their parents don’t believe in them enough to let them have a shot or theres just no possible chance for them to get to the places they would need to be. But this book shows us that no matter what your dreams are you probably can find someway to make them come true. Just like Nate does by sneaking to New York.

I’m not into the whole plays/broadway thing so that alone made me a little apprehensive about reading the book, but you didn’t really need to be a fanatic about that stuff too like the book because it was more about Nate reaching his goals then anything. It was quite satisfying to see him really work for his dreams and get rewarded.

Another thing that stands out in this book is the friendship between Nate and Libby. First off Libby believes that Nate can do whatever he sets his dreams to which is amazing, its always good to have someone believe in you. Second Libby does anything she can to cover for Nate to make his dreams come true she never gave up on him no matter what.

I’m honestly trying to think of something no matter how big or small that I didn’t enjoy about this book and I can’t think of a single thing. Tim Federle did an awesome job developing his characters and making this a very believable story which gets a solid 5 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs