07 May 2015

Early Review: YOLO Juliet by William Shakespeare + Brett Wright

YOLO Juliet by William Shakespeare & Brett Wright
Publisher: Random House Books For Young Readers 
Release Date: May 26, 2015

Book Format: Hardcover

# of Pages: 112

Synopsis: Romeo and Juliet, one of the greatest love stories ever told . . . in texts?!
 
Imagine: What if those star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet had smartphones? A classic is reborn in this fun and funny adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s most famous plays!
 
Two families at war.
A boy and a girl in love.
A secret marriage gone oh-so-wrong.

and h8. The classics just got a whole lot more interesting. ;)
 
 
tl;dr A Shakespeare play told through its characters texting with emojis, checking in at certain locations, and updating their relationship statuses. The perfect gift for hip theater lovers and teens.

A glossary and cast of characters are included for those who need it. For example: tl;dr means too long; didn’t read. 


My Review:
I received a copy of YOLO Juliet from the publisher and this is my honest review.

I read Romeo and Juliet when I was a freshman in high school about 5 years ago. Being that young it was kind of hard trying to read through and understand everything because it was in old english, but now I'm pretty clear on what the story is all about. Its a tragic love story and I loved it even though the ending was sad.

There have been so many different versions of the Romeo and Juliet story but this one by far is the cutest and most entertaining. I love what the author decided to write the story of Romeo and Juliet through text messages. I think it really connects with the young people who live off of their phones today while still telling the famous story by Shakespeare.

I read this extremely quickly and enjoyed reading all of the texting slang, it got a few laughs out of me which was cool too. I would definitely read something like this again in the future.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs