06 January 2017

Review: Dead Over Heels by Theresa Braun

Dead over Heels by Theresa Braun
Publisher: Frith Books

Release Day: November 16, 2016
Book Format: e-Book
Synopsis: Veronica’s first date with Sebastian not only stirs up a powerful attraction, but also a series of supernatural events that will tear them apart.

After countless hours of dead end online dating, Veronica meets up with Sebastian at a reportedly haunted restaurant, since he knows she has a fascination with the paranormal. While enjoying their meals and each other’s company, they share a shocking supernatural experience. Their romantic connection is overshadowed by the ghosts of their own pasts that threaten to destroy their budding relationship. Veronica decides she must return to the restaurant to face her past and dig up more answers. Unfortunately, she realizes she must go back, this time with a reluctant Sebastian. In the end, they join forces against the evil that stands between them, but will they make it out alive?


My Review: 
 I received Dead Over Heels by Theresa Braun from the author and this is my honest review.

Dead Over Heels tells the story of a Veronica, a young woman on the search for her soul mate. After several attempts at using online dating sites, she receives a message from Sebastian. The book follows these two on their first date, as well as the interesting events that take place after that.

While this was a small book, it definitely held my interest. The supernatural aspects within the book had me excited. Being a fan of everything supernatural; movies, shows, books, etc the fact that these characters were into magic and could see the ghosts of their parents was by far my favorite part of the story.

I was a little disappointed at the length of the story, because I wanted so much more. I wanted Sebastian and Veronica to have had a longer relationship. But at the same the way the story ended did make sense for this to be a shorter story.

Braun did a wonderful job of giving her story a good arc. From the beginning with her characters meeting, giving readers their background, involving both characters in a very dramatic moment which leads us quickly but successfully to the end of the book. There was not a point during the story I got confused, I knew what was going on the entire time I was reading and could not stop turning pages until the end.

I recommend this book 100% to anyone who is interested in the paranormal as well as something extremely gut wrenching. I loved it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs