27 June 2013

Author Spotlight Thursday: Kelley Armstrong

Good morning bookies! It is time for another Author Spotlight Thursday and this week I am featuring! *Drum Roll Please!!!*


Kelley Armstrong! 
Kelley happens to be one of my all time favorite authors because she has written some amazing books that I cannot get enough of! 

Meet Kelley:
Kelley Armstrong has been telling stories since before she could write. Her earliest written efforts were disastrous. If asked for a story about girls and dolls, hers would invariably feature undead girls and evil dolls, much to her teachers' dismay. All efforts to make her produce "normal" stories failed.

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked away in her basement writing dungeon. She's the author of the NYT-bestselling "Women of the Otherworld" paranormal suspense series and "Darkest Powers" young adult urban fantasy trilogy, as well as the Nadia Stafford crime series. Armstrong lives in southwestern Ontario with her husband, kids and far too many pets. 


Okay so first we need to discuss the first book I ever read by her which was one of the first YA books I ever read. This trilogy is phenomenal and I wish it never ended! I will share with you the first in this trilogy! 


Release Date: July 1, 2008
Synopsis: My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? it's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House...before its skeletons come back to haunt me.


After the lovely trilogy above, Kelley did not leave us hanging because she is awesome! Not long after she had another YA trilogy up and running and yes this one is amazing as well! Here is the first book.


Release Date: April 12, 2011
Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Maya is just an ordinary teen in an ordinary town. Sure, she doesn't know much about her background - the only thing she really has to cling to is an odd paw-print birthmark on her hip - but she never really put much thought into who her parents were or how she ended up with her adopted parents in this tiny medical-research community on Vancouver Island.

Until now.

Strange things have been happening in this claustrophobic town - from the mountain lions that have been approaching Maya to her best friend's hidden talent for "feeling" out people and situations, to the sexy new bad boy who makes Maya feel . . . . different. Combine that with a few unexplained deaths and a mystery involving Maya's biological parents and it's easy to suspect that this town might have more than its share of skeletons in its closet.

As a reminder The Rising which is the third book in the above trilogy came out this year and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Last but not least Kelley also writes lots of adult series! Here is her newest adult novel that has yet to come out!


(No. 3 in the Nadia Stafford series)
Release Date: November 26, 2013
Synopsis: Protect the innocent. If there is any one principle that drives hit man Nadia Stafford, it’s this. In her own mind, when she was thirteen, she failed to protect her older cousin Amy from being murdered. Now she fails again, disastrously, when she botches a hit. To help her find her equilibrium, her mentor, Jack, brings her a gift: the location and new identity of the predator who killed her cousin and disappeared after the case against him failed.

Vengeance, justice? With the predator in her sights, nothing seems more right, more straightforward, more easy. But finding justice is never as simple as it seems.

I hope you all enjoyed the author spotlight on Kelley Armstrong! Let me know in the comments if you have read anything by her and what you thought, or if you are going to read something by her after checking out this post! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs