18 August 2014

Review: The Professional Freelancer by Rory Scherer



The Professional Freelancer by Rory Scherer
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Publication Date: 2014
Book Format: E-book
# of Pages: 114
Synopsis: Comedy about modern times. **Very vague I know but trust me the book is very entertaining, and real.











My Review:
I was contacted by the author to read The Professional Freelancer by Rory Scherer and this is my honest review.

In the beginning, I was sort of skeptical. I could not wrap my head around what the actual topic of the book was about. But as I read on I realized how much I enjoyed it through my confusion. At the end Scherer, gives us insight on why he did not really describe the character all that much, and now that I think about it I don’t know the characters name or physical appearance but I feel like I know him, if that makes sense.

I have to say the book was extremely enjoyable because of its amount of entertainment and humor. There were plenty of times I caught myself giggling about something in the book. Scherer happens to be very clever in that while reading I could not really figure out the type of relationships he had with people like his sister and her husband and his friend Will. But by the end I understood completely, this was great because it did not leave you in a foggy state trying to figure things out.

Near the end, I felt myself putting the pieces of the puzzle together before the book put them together for me. I love when I can do that because it makes me feel smart. (haha) This may be a short review, but do not take that in a bad way the book took me by surprise and kept getting better and better! It is definitely worth the read.

Favorite Quotes:

“I immediately shrieked like an adolescent girl seeing a penis for the first time as there was no hot water. It was so cold my nipples nearly cut through the glass shower door.” (Loc 86)

“Stop…are you breaking up with me…for a dildo?” (Loc 291)

“The last time I saw this many seniors march down a hallway was when Walmart was selling Depends at fifty percent off.” (Loc 717)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs