27 February 2020

REVIEW: Keep Me Wanting by Angela Addams

Keep Me Wanting by Angela Addams
Publisher: Entangled Publishing 
Release Date: February 10, 2020
Synopsis: All I’ve ever tried to do is keep the people in my life safe. That’s gotten me into hot water more times than I can count. Hell, the last time got me four years behind bars.

So when my favorite barista tells her mom that I’m her boyfriend to stop the woman’s endless criticism, I can’t stop myself from helping her out. But she’s too innocent and I’m too damaged for this to ever be the real deal.

I can’t allow myself to touch her, not when making her mine will drag her into my world and drown her in my messed up life. What I really need to do is stay away.

Except every touch and every accidental kiss breaks my control. I want her.

Then I find out her dad is the detective who put me away...and he’s trying to take down my family.

I don’t blame him. The secrets I’m keeping are big enough to destroy everything.

MY REVIEW:


Keep Me Wanting follows a riveting romance between strangers that couldn’t be more different. He is an ex-con that would do anything to protect his brothers even if it meant doing more time in the slammer. She comes from a family of lawyers and detectives--big wigs if you will--and the last person she should be bringing to her family reunion is the cute ex-con she serves coffee to every morning. The two come together and many interesting, sexy, and heartbreaking things happen throughout the entire long weekend.

Most romance novels are just that, packed with sex scenes that will make your face turn red, and sweat bead on your forehead. The good romances though, are the ones that can accomplish a well put together story along side all the sex. Addams did a fantastic job of that here. Not only did I enjoy the steamy love scenes between our two main characters, I also fell in love with their personalities and the back story that brought them together as well.

Thinking about two people whose only words to each other are over the counter at a coffee shop a few times a week, we wonder how well they are going to hit it off during a long weekend, spent with each other but also one's entire family. Addams makes this look so easy, the characters come together so easily that it is almost like they have known eachother forever. They click beautifully making their story together desirable.

Books that can make the reader wonder where it is going can be bittersweet. In the beginning, this kind of novel leads readers to believe the inevitable is going to happen. The main characters spend a long weekend together, end up madly in love and bam they are happily ever after. But there is so much extra baggage on both characters, he’s an ex-con, and her father is the detective that put him away. Their story has MANY unforeseen twists and turns that make putting this book down for any amount of time impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs