01 April 2012

ARC Review Being Friends With Boys By: Tera Elan McVoy

Being Friends with BoysBeing Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
Publish Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being Friends With Boys was a very very dramatic book! No matter what page you were on there was always some type of drama which is okay in some books but others its not. In this book I accepted it because I haven’t really read a book like this before. I really enjoyed the whole concept which is being friends with boys!

Our main character Charlotte and she is trying to make it through life having all guy friends and no girlfriends. The reason why she is trying to do this is because she’s had best friends who were girls in the past and they’ve always ended badly but with Oliver things have always been different since they were little. The two of them have been best friends forever and nothing can ever come between that. Or can it?

Together Charlotte and Oliver start a band and for awhile Char is just they’re lyrics writer but as you progress into the book you’ll find out how she get’s herself more into the band. Throughout the books she becomes friends and more then friends with a few guys. First let me introduce Trip he was basically her best friend when Oliver wasn’t around they always hung out they were always together they just loved each other as friends but something happens in the book and that ends for awhile which was sad but you know it happens.

Some other guys she had things with were Fabian one of the new guys in her band, who I really liked but I knew there was something different about him in the book. Also Char spent some time with Benji! Whom I loved the whole time! I really wanted them to be together but when it didn’t work out I guess I understood but I was happy because they stayed really great friends!

In the end everything turned out okay for Charlotte because she’s a somewhat rock star and she has the guy of her dreams! I love when these books have happy endings especially ones like this! In the end I give this one 5 out of 5 because it was very dramatic in a good way and I couldn’t put it down!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. What a cool book! I can certainly identify w/feeling more comfortable w/guys. I'm glad you loved this! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about this one before, but I love that they're in a band together! That sounds like a really neat premise for a book :) and i'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it!

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs