15 April 2012

Review: Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy #1) By: Megg Jensen

 Anathema by Megg Jensen
Publisher: Createspace
Number of Pages: 185
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anathema was a sincerely thrilling read. In this story we follow Reychel on her journey of trying to be free. Reychel is a young women who was born as a slave. Mostly she just get’s through by making the best out of everything because that’s all she can do but as the story pushes on she starts realizing that she could be free.

Kandek who is Reychel’s master (you’ll find out in the story he’s a little more) knows that Reychel has a special power which is why he treats her differently from all the other slaves. For instance he gives her special one on one time with him where she uses her special power to tell him what she thinks are just fake stories of her imagination. Little does she know every story that she’s ever told was true. But this all goes down hill when Reychel tells a tale that means Kandek will soon lose her..

Pretty good synopsis right? I think I did a pretty good job selling the story. Anyways lets get on with the characters. Reychel is a bit weak at first she can’t really stand on her own two feet she basically let’s people walk all over her and tell her what to do. Luckily that changes soon enough.

Now the one character that I absolutely hated through the whole book was definitely Ivy because you just don’t lead people on like that. What she did was just terrible, and she deserved what ever Kandek did to her.

Lastly we have my favorite character which was Mark he saw right through Ivy’s lies which quickly drew me too him. He is a strong trustworthy character and frankly how things ended with him and Reychel I’m really not happy about. I hope we see more of those two in the future. Or else I’m not so sure I could move on in the series.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars because I loved the plot and never once did it get boring but I didn’t like how it just cut off In the end between Reychel and Mark. I’m just not a big cliff hanger person!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I both like and dislike weak characters. I like them because I can relate to them because sometimes I get walked over and taken advantage of, but I dislike them because I just want them to grow a backbone and stick up for themselves. (that's what I have been forcing myself to do and it has really made a difference)

    Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs